Dashride is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and passionate engineer to join our team as we revolutionize the taxi and limo industry amid the disruption by Uber.
In your first month, you will:
- Deliver and maintain features for our robust dispatching and e-hailing API and backend services.
- Deliver high quality, test-driven, peer reviewed code.
- Propose simple, yet robust solutions that help solve business goals and align with team needs.
In under six months, you will:
- Lead design discussions for new features and architecture.
- Contribute ideas that improve our processes and team productivity.
- Deliver improvements to our auto dispatching algorithm.
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in functional programming, OOD, data structures, complexity analysis, algorithm design, and problem solving.
- Rigor in software development best practices, such as coding standards, design patterns, code reviews, and testing.
- History of building and shipping production APIs and services
- History of strong teamwork, flexibility, communication, and self-driven learning
- Understanding of the long term value of code quality, maintainability, and testing
- Deep understanding of web applications and performance
- Expertise in Node, Express, Mongoose
- Expertise in test driven development
- Experience with MongoDB, Redis, Message Queues
- Experience with using Git for SCM
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with using Docker in production
- Experience with developing SOA or microservice architectures
- Building data models with machine learning and using them in production.
- Experience building PWAs
- Open source contributions
- Free lunch every day from Seamless (free coffee & beer too)
- Medical, dental, and commuter benefits offered
- Flexible work & vacation policy with telecommuting options
- Delicious whiskey in full supply